Japan is one of the first countries that jump to mind when you are thinking about Asia. Japan is widely known around the world for its culture, technological advancement, and delicious cuisine. However, at the same time, Japan is a mystery. Today we want to shine the light on at least one aspect of Japan you need to know about, which is the lovely Japanese women.
What Are Japanese Women Like?
You cannot say you fully know a Japanese woman until you’ve spent some time with her, but if you just want to know what Japanese women are like when you meet them, here are a few facts to get you started.
They embody Asian beauty
The beauty of Japanese women is known far beyond the country’s borders. In fact, women all over the world constantly research Japanese beauty secrets and tips to emulate the Japanese look, albeit not very successfully. Japanese women are slim and not very tall. They have subtly feminine figures that they love to make even more attractive with smart but sexy clothes. The facial features of Japanese girls are simply flawless with fair skin, bright lips, and magnificent eyes.
They discovered the secret of longevity
Any woman can look beautiful in her twenties and early thirties, but it’s what comes afterwards that matters the most. That is not something you should fear with Japanese women, who seem to know the secret of looking good forever. Without using any extensive beauty procedures or plastic surgery, Japanese girls retain their amazing looks for decades. You can often mistake Japanese grandmas for Japanese women in their thirties, which should tell you what to expect from your Japanese girlfriend.
They are smart and not afraid to show it
Education in Japan is known for two things: its wide availability and its high quality. Japanese women receive one of the best educations around the world and they use it every day. Not only do Japanese girls get as enviable career prospects as men, but they can also support a conversation on any topic and present themselves as smart, competent individuals even in high society.
They are romantics at heart
Despite all of their career accomplishments and go-getter nature, all Japanese women truly want a reliable partner and a romantic relationship that lasts forever. Japanese girls enjoy romance stories and nothing would make them happier than one of those stories happening in their own lives. A Japanese lady will easily win you over with her romantic charm and lovable nature.
Do Japanese Women Make Good Wives?
As an adult, accomplished man, you probably cannot look at beautiful Japanese women and imagine what they are like as wives. A woman can be fantastic to date but lack the qualities that make her a good wife. Luckily, that is not the case with Japanese women, who make some of the most coveted wives in Asia for Western men.
There are many things that make Japanese girls fantastic for marriage. They are absolutely honest and never have pent-up frustrations that last for years. They are skilled around the kitchen and have a natural maternal instinct. They are prepared to work as much for the success of the marriage as you are. Finally, they rarely see divorce as an option and will do anything to make the marriage last.
What Kind of Men Do They Like?
Japanese women may be deeply romantic and dreaming of a good relationship, but they won’t date just anybody who comes their way. Japanese women are confident and know exactly what they want, both from a relationship and from life itself. In order to charm a Japanese lady, your level of confidence must match hers.
However, that is not the only desired feature for Japanese singles. Japanese girls also love men who are successful and ambitious but have a sensible work/life balance. Japanese women want their men to respect the elders and take care of the whole family, not just their wives and children. Finally, Japanese girls love it when men are ready to accept everything new with an open mind and an open heart instead of always insisting on doing things the old way.
Where to Meet Japanese Women in Japan?
Japan is an affluent and modern country, but women in Japan don’t meet a lot of foreigners. However, they are genuinely interested in getting to know Western men, which is why they often gather in popular spots that are frequently visited by foreign tourists. If you plan to visit Japan in the near year, here are the top spots for you to check out.
Tokyo is the capital city of Japan that is home to millions of beautiful, clever, and single Japanese women. Approaching the women in the streets of Tokyo can be hard because they are so busy and the traffic in the most popular locations is insane. That is why you can try Nobu Tokyo, Robot Restaurant, and Toyo Tokyo if you’re after a restaurant experience as much as after meeting girls. The Tantra Tokyo, Womb, and V2 Tokyo night clubs are also popular with women.
Osaka is Tokyo’s second most populous city, but its atmosphere is different from Tokyo. It’s not as business-oriented and has lots of young, trendy women who are open to meeting foreign guys. Besides checking out the streets and malls of Osaka, you can also try the Club Bambi and Giraffe Osaka night clubs after dark. The Okonomiyaki Mizuno, Harukoma Honten, and Fujiya 1935 restaurants are perfect for a foodie experience and you can also meet lots of local singles.
Nagoya is a Japanese city that is known for its centuries-long architecture and culture. It’s not the hottest tourist destination in Nagoya, which only makes local women more likely to give you a warm welcome. If you don’t see anyone who catches your attention while visiting the landmarks in Nagoya, try the Atsuta Horaiken, Ariana Restaurant, and Kitchen Nagoya restaurants. The night club scene in Nagoya is surprisingly big, and iD Cafe, Cafe Ibiza, and W Club are the top places to meet Japanese singles.
Where to Meet Japanese Women Online?
Traveling right now can be challenging for a lot of reasons, so if you’re not in the mood to travel for hours just to get a chance to talk to some Japanese girls, you can successfully do it online. However, your usual dating spots and apps may not be the best option in your situation. You won’t have much success with distance-based sites and apps for obvious reasons.
The fantastic news is that Japanese women are very active on international dating sites. Those sites, which are not as big as your local dating services but have just the right audience, make it easier than ever to meet Japanese women for serious relationships or even marriage. The women you meet there are just as attractive as the ones you meet directly in Japan, but they are even more ready to meet a foreign man and they won’t let anything stop them.
How to Date a Japanese Girl: 7 Tips
Dating Japanese women is guaranteed to become one of the best experiences of your lifetime, especially if it transforms into something more serious. However, you cannot approach dating a Japanese woman if you don’t know anything about this country’s dating culture. These 7 tips will help you build a successful relationship with a Japanese girl.
- Don’t think you’ve got this in the bag. When you’re a foreigner, it’s easy to think that anyone should fall head over heels for you if you come from a different country. The one thing Japanese singles cannot stand, it’s men’s arrogance that is based on nothing. Make sure you have something else to offer besides your foreign passport.
- Be masculine, but leave some space for emotions. Masculinity is a big turn-on for Japanese women. They enjoy traditional gender dynamics and don’t insist on complete equality in a relationship. However, you also shouldn’t try and look manly even in situations where it’s best to be a little vulnerable — for example, when you both watch a sad romantic movie.
- Talk about your family values. Most of the Japanese women you meet don’t just want a casual boyfriend or an online flirting partner. They want someone they can start a family with or at least be together with for a long time without worrying about his fidelity. That is why a Japanese woman needs to know that you value family and serious relationships, and only then will she be able to trust you.
- Be ready to experience Japanese culture. Dating a Japanese woman is inseparable from getting used to Japanese culture. When you are dating Japanese women, you will see it everywhere, from their favorite pastimes to the way they serve dinner at home. So don’t try to separate yourself from Japanese culture and instead try to immerse yourself in it — it will definitely pay off in your relationship.
- Don’t disappear in between dates. As a Western man and a Japanese woman, you and your girlfriend probably won’t be able to see each other in person as much as you’d want. However, modern technology gives you plenty of ways to keep the romance alive even when you’re physically not together. Instant messaging, video chats, flower delivery are just some of the ways you can support the relationship with a Japanese woman.
- Become a member of her friend group. Friends play a significant part in the life of Japanese women and they value their opinions very much. You are obviously only interested in your Japanese girlfriend, but you should also spend time with her friends. If they like you, they will encourage your woman to continue dating you and possibly even moving things further.
- Don’t wait for too long before making things official. Talking online and meeting occasionally in person can be fun when you’re both in your teens or early twenties, but the older you are, the less time you have to love. If you enjoy being with your Japanese woman and want to make sure she doesn’t go anywhere, find the right time to pop the question.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Japanese women have a problem with English?
Not at all! Japan may be located very far from the Western world, but it’s no stranger to the English language and culture. English is widely taught as the second language in Japanese schools and widely used in the state’s business and culture. Plus, many Japanese girls travel the world and use English for communication. That is why you will have no problem talking to your Japanese girlfriend even if you know zero Japanese.
Is it typical for Japanese wives to work?
Japanese women are often imagined as deeply career-oriented and willing to sacrifice anything for career development, but this is not entirely true. When a Japanese lady starts a family, her priorities change significantly. Most Japanese wives return to work after getting married and having kids, but you can easily find Japanese women who are not that focused on their careers and can easily agree to become stay-at-home wives.
Will the gap in our backgrounds be too deep?
There is no point in denying the fact that Western culture is very different from Japanese culture. The movies, books, and music you and your Japanese woman like won’t have a lot in common. However, it’s easy to catch up on the culture when your relationship becomes serious. Simply ask your Japanese lady to show you the things she loves and do the same for her, and you will find lots of new shared experiences.
Miyako Shintani is a family therapist. In her career, which spans over 8 years, she has witnessed every type of relationship possible. She is an expert at helping people understand each other better and knows what it takes to make a relationship work, even if it’s between two people from completely different walks of life.